Soft Shackle 30,860LBS (14,000kg)
A safer alternative to traditional steel shackles.
Ironman 4x4's 30,860LBS (14,000kg) soft shackle is manufactured from high strength, low friction, 12 strand single braid, UHMWPE rope and are so light it floats.
Featuring a single splice design with diamond knot and encased within a protective sleeve. Also featuring an integrated release system that allows the soft shackle to easily decompress after a recovery.
- 30,860LBS min break strength
- Low friction 12 strand single braid ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE)
- Low moisture absorption
- Protective chafing sleeve
- Includes carry / storage bag
- Minimum Breaking Strength 30,860LBS (14,000kg)
- Dimensions 20" x .5" (500mm x 12mm)
- Single splice design
- Diamond Knot
- Release Cord
How do I use a Soft Shackle?
- Before attempting vehicle recovery, passengers of the vehicles involved must exit the vehicles, stand as far away from the vehicles as possible, avoid standing in the path of the vehicle performing the recovery.
- While performing a snatch recovery, it is recommended that the minimum breaking strength of the recovery strap should be between 2 and 3 times the gross vehicle mass (GVM) of any vehicle it is to be used with, the recovery strap must be suited to the gross vehicle mass (GVM) of the lighter of the 2 vehicles used in the recovery process, an object such as a recovery damper, heavy bag or blanket must be draped over the recovery strap during use to reduce any unintentional rebound of the strap.
- DO NOT use a soft shackle for lifting or conventional towing.
- A soft shackle's strength and stretch will be reduced if saturated in water.
- Check the full length of the soft shackle for nicks and cuts before and after use. If damaged, replace it.
How do I clean a Soft Shackle?
- Clean your soft shackle with warm water and mild detergent, allowing thorough drying before storage. Dirt, sand, and grit can permanently damage the soft shackle fibers.