MONSTER WINCH 9500LBS 12v Electric (Steel Cable)
Engineered to be the most reliable winch on the market. The Ironman 4x4 Monster winch collection has a range of features for the most extreme vehicle recoveries. Designed in Australia for military, mining, and recreational use, the Monster Winch was designed with a sole mission to be the most reliable, versatile electric winch on the market.
Starting with the high power, low friction motor. This heavy-duty winch puts out 5.5hp and features high strength alloys and ultra-slick low friction materials for added durability and heat reduction. The straight engage clutch paired with a 3 stage planetary gearbox at a 265:1 gear ratio allows all of these components to take full advantage of the winch's 9500 pounds of pulling power.
The motor is wrapped in a watertight IP69 rating housing to keep the internals free from moisture. For ultimate performance in wet climate conditions, the Ironman 4x4 Monster winch features a winch breather, directly integrated into motor the housing. This patented design was conceived from the demanding recoveries in the Australian outback. When a winch in submerged and being used in a recovery situation, the heat generated by the internal components creates a vacuum, this can suck contaminates into the housing. The Monster winch breather eliminates this issue. In a situation with the winch fully submerged, you can count on the motor to operate at full capacity without any distractions. These benefits will ensure this winch is in prime working condition for the life of the vehicle.
Controlling this 9500lbs pulling capacity workhorse is a breeze, a handy rechargeable wireless controller allowing the operator to control the winch from the front seat of the vehicle or up to 100ft away. Prefer a hard line connection, hook up the supplied remote cable and crack on with your recovery.
Dealing with a tricky winch situation in the dark is not an issue. The wireless remote has a built-in flashlight handy for night time winching and camp use.
The Ironman 4x4 electric winch comes with a 5-year limited warranty. This offroad winch uses a universal bolt pattern for fitment to your bumper and includes all hardware and electrical wiring required for the procedure. Installation requires simple tools and a couple of hours.
TrailTacoma - Ironman 4X4 9,500 Lb. Monster Winch – Review & Overview
"After having this winch on my truck for a few months now, I can say the added confidence I have found from it is a huge advantage. Before, I would worry every time I went off-roading about what to do if I got stuck. Installing the Ironman 4X4 Monster Winch on my Tacoma has allowed me to charge more challenging trails, knowing that I will be completely self-reliant should I find myself stuck.
The Ironman Winch setup inside my front bumper has been a luxury feature of my build. The installation was straightforward and using it was even easier. Having no previous experience with any type of winch beforehand definitely had me nervous to use this one. But, with a little bit of YouTube and some driveway testing, I am more than confident that it will get me home safely when I find myself needing it." Trail Tacoma, read the full review here.
Trail Tacoma puts the Monster Winch On Display:
- 92' Steel Rope Rated line pull of 9500 lbs
- Wireless Remote with a built-in flashlight
- Integrated breather and line to ensure no intrusions while submerged
- IP69 rated and built with durable aluminum structure with flat black powder-coated finish and stainless steel fasteners
- Large diameter winch drum with steel sleeve is strong, lightweight reduces line wear, and has an integrated rope anchor for easy rope installation
- 5-year warranty for years of worry-free operation
- 1 x 9500lbs Monster Winch
- 1 x pre-spooled 92' steel rope
- 1 x roller fairlead
- 1 x wireless remote control
- 1 x remote control cable
- 1 x winch line damper blanket
- Ironman 4x4 winch extensions strap. Part Number: IWINCHEXT
- Ironman 4x4 small recovery kit. Part Number: IRECKIT002
- Ironman 4x4 large recovery kit. Part Number: IRECKIT001
- Ironman 4x4 soft shackle. Part Number: ISOFSHA001
- Ironman 4x4 20,940 lbs kinetic snatch rope. Part Number: ISNATCHROPE
- Motor: 5.5HP / 4.1KWPower:12VDC
- Weight: 90LBS (42kg)
- Wireless Remote Range: 100ft (30.5m)
- Remote Lead Length: 12ft (3.6m)
- Gear Train: 3 Stage Planetary
- Gear Reduction Ratio: 265:1
- Brake: Automatic Cam Lock In Drum
- Steel Line Dimensions: 91ft x 5/16" (28m x 8mm)
- Overall Dimensions: 21" (L) x 6.5" (H) x 6.5" (W) (533mm (L) x 165mm (H) x 165mm (W))
- Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10" x 4.5" (254mm x 114.3mm)
- Notes: Minimum Battery for winching - 650CCA
- Wireless transmitter battery size: A23 12V
- Remote Control LED light battery size: CR2
- 4 AWG Gauge Cables
Control Box Dimensions:
- Box Dimensions: 3.7" (L) x 5.2" (W) x 4.1" (H) 95mm (L) x 132mm (W) x 105mm (H)
- Box with Cable Ends Dimensions: 4.7" (L) x 5.2" (W) x 4.1" (H) 120mm (L) x 132mm (W) x 105mm (H)
- Center to Center Bolt Pattern: 5.6" x 2.2" (143mm x 55mm)
Installation Instructions:View Instruction Sheet
Winch Installation Notice:
Ironman 4x4’s Monster Winches come with standard length positive / negative power cables. If your vehicle’s battery is not located inside the engine bay, you may need additional cables and cable components to complete your installation. Winch power cables MUST be connected to your vehicle’s 12-volt main battery at the positive and negative terminal posts.
We recommend that when installing any Ironman 4x4 Monster Winch to check that the length of bolt thread is sufficient to secure the winch to the mounting cradle.
Some mounting cradles may have a thicker or dual-skinned mounting plate which may render the supplied bolts too short once installed with a spring & flat washer. There must be 1-3 threads protruding beyond the nut when fully tightened. To ensure the winch is secured correctly.
If at least 1 thread is not protruding beyond the nut, it is recommended that a longer bolt is sourced from your local supplier to the following specifications:
- Hex Nut, M10 x 40mm x 1.5p Grade 8.8 or Higher
See the photo below for proper installation:
STEEL VS. SYNTHETIC ROPE (From TrailTacoma Reviews Ironman4x4 MONSTER WINCH Blog)
Now that you have decided to get a winch, you may be wondering whether to get a steel winch line or a synthetic rope. Each have their benefits and picking one comes down to what you value most.
The benefits of a synthetic rope are fairly straight forward. Firstly, they are far more lightweight than steel ropes, making it much more popular for the average overlander. They also store much less energy when under stress and they don’t become sharp with burrs or rust out after repeated use and exposure to the outdoors. That being said, synthetic is more vulnerable to abrasion damage.
Steel ropes, however, tend to be a lot more durable after repeated use. They are also not effected by UV damage compared to synthetic ropes. Although, they store more potential energy than synthetic ropes, they are less susceptible to the common wear and tear that you may experience with synthetic lines.
Before pulling the trigger on a winch, I would highly recommend researching more on what kind of line is best for you. Ultimately, with safe winching practices, either will be able to work for your applications. Read the Full Blog Here.
Ironman 4x4 Winches
Ironman 4x4 Wi...
Ironman 4x4 Mo...
Ironman 4x4 Mo...
How To Clock Y...